Friday, October 23, 2009

A list of the random things about this odd city I am privileged enough to live in...

1) The giant hill I live on. It is steeper and longer than my hill at home. It makes me say my prayers as I cycle up it.

2) Wearing a skirt and heels while I cycle up said hill. This qualifies for the "Only in Oxford, you'll see..." list. Only in this strange town would you see so many women riding around in dresses, skirts, heels, etc. on bicycles. Remind me not to join this crazy club of cyclers. It's too cold.

3) Apple trees in strange places. I went running yesterday - ran through busy city, through residential, then ended in a beautiful open field. All in a span of ten minutes time. Then I climbed through a hole in a hedge only to be in an Eden of apple trees. I won't need to buy apples for a long time. At that point, I needed a plastic bag to load up. And, as Murphy's law would have it, that moment was the only one where I could not find a littered bag. Where is litter when you need it?!

PS - I love my tutorials. Expound later.

Tchuss!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts! They are so funny and exciting for me to think about. Just the other day, I went for a beautiful walk up by the fake Christmas tree on top of the hill to the north/east of Whitney ranch. Pretty is a pathetic word to describe the splendidly scrumptious scenery which I stumbled accross out on the grassy hill. MMmhhhhmmmm....I loved it! It made me think of you and all the adventures we've had and also the ones you are having right now in England. I'm so happy to know you are doing well.

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete